Pippi Longstocking, created by the Swedish author Astrid Lindgren, is one of the most well-known and best-loved characters from children’s literature. Now she has finally come to your Nintendo DS! Join Pippi, Tommy and Annika to play the don’t-touch-the-floor game, pick apples for Pippi’s horse, save children from a burning house in the town, challenge Mighty Adolf at the circus and do many more fun activities – not to mention all the funny things Pippi encounters along the way! As Pippi herself would say: “I don’t know what you want to do, but I’m not the sort to lie around. I’m a thing-searcher, you see, and when you’re a thing-searcher, you don’t have a minute to spare.”
Have fun with Pippi Longstocking on the Nintendo DS!
Within the game you play as Pippi. The game starts inside Villa Villekulla, after which it moves on to the neighbourhood, to the town, and then on to the circus. Pippi likes to help the people she meets on her adventures. Go up to the characters you meet to find out what they need or want. The menu shows you the tasks you have to complete and the things you must find in order to move on to the next level in the game. Sometimes you need the help of Mr. Nilsson, and at other times you have to carry boxes to where you need them to get to high places in order to reach the things you need. Occasionally you get to compete with your friends.
- Interacting – Pippi can use switches to interact with her environment: Pressure pads only work when Pippi stands on them, or when she’s put something heavy on them.
- Throw cakes at target switches to activate them. Some switches can only be reached by Mr. Nilsson.
- Consumables – Pippi can find consumables to help her on her adventure:
- Coins – Buy things!
- Cake – Throw at bullies or targets!
- Sprint shoes – Run super- fast!
- Tennis rackets – Deflect incoming cakes!
- Symbols above a character’s head indicate that Pippi can interact
- with him or her.
- Pippi can use coins to buy consumables from certain characters.
- Herding – Kittens think it’s fun to run away from Pippi. Help them find their way back home!
- Sub-games – Pippi can play with other kids:
- Hold the Puppy – See who can hold the puppy the longest!
- Resource Hunt – Collect more than the other kids!
- Target Shooting – See if you can hit all the targets before the timer runs out.
- Things to look out for – Mosquitoes, bullies and thieves. Bullies and thieves can be outsmarted, if Pippi reacts quickly enough!
- Platforms – Some platforms start to collapse when Pippi steps on them, others can only be stood upon at certain times.
- Chest of drawers – Some of the items you collect in the game end up in Pippi’s chest of drawers